Gas Leak Repair for Plano, Wylie & the Surrounding Area
Natural gas is a colorless, odorless gas that is found in crude oil deposits or large cracks and fissures in the earth. It can be mined, processed, and burned to create energy to power our homes. In its natural state, natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel; when it burns, it produces mostly carbon dioxide, water vapor, and small amounts of nitrogen oxides. While natural gas is not dangerous when it’s sealed tightly inside pipes and used correctly, and leaks are rare, it is extremely important to take quick action if you detect a leak. Natural gas is extremely flammable; even a small spark or flame in the area of a leak could cause a fire or explosion. Gas companies add a chemical called mercaptan to finished natural gas to make it easy to detect a leak; mercaptan smells like rotten eggs or skunk spray and will alert you to the presence of natural gas in your home. If you smell natural gas… If you smell natural gas (the rotten egg smell) it is extremely important that you immediately leave the area and call 911 or your natural gas service provider. Natural gas can ignite from just a small spark when confined in a small space. All natural gas repairs must be made by a licensed plumber and propane gas repairs require a propane licensed technician. Natural gas providers’ emergency numbers in Plano: Atmos – 1 (888) 322-8667 Coserve – 1 (800) 274-4014
You might not realize that you can call a plumbing company for gas line repairs or inspections. In addition to water and sewer pipes, our plumbers are qualified to work with natural gas lines as well! If your gas lines need to be repaired or replaced, it's important to trust our plumbing company to get the job done safely and correctly. Don't risk your safety by attempting to do the work yourself. It's important to hire an experienced professional for the following reasons:
- Safety: When working with natural gas lines, safety is critical. A licensed plumbing service can install and repair gas lines safely and efficiently for your peace of mind. Gas leaks and incorrect repairs can pose an immediate threat for you and your family.
- Experience: A professional plumbing company has the training and experience to get your gas leak repair done as quickly and safely as possible. We can also detect potential issues, such as degrading pipe, before they become serious dangers.
- Building Codes: Some types of property in the Wylie, Garland, Rowlett, Allen, McKinney, Plano, and Richardson, TX areas require licensed professionals to complete gas line repairs and installations to continue adhering to building codes. Even if your jurisdiction does not require this, you should consider hiring a licensed plumber anyway. The license shows our skill and experience; you don't want to risk your family's safety and well-being on anything less than the best.
- Emergency Assistance: If your gas line has a leak, it needs to be located and repaired as quickly as possible to keep you, your family, your home, and neighboring properties from damage and physical harm. If you smell the distinct odor of natural gas in your home (a rotten egg or sulfuric smell), immediately get out and contact our plumbing company for fast and efficient assistance.
Natural gas leaks are extremely dangerous for both humans and pets. If you or any members of your household smell gas or are experiencing shortness of breath, lightheadedness, fatigue, a dull headache, confusion, nausea, immediately evacuate all pets and people, then contact our plumbing company for assistance. We'll send someone as soon as possible to address the situation.
- Gas Leak Location
- Minor Gas repairs
- Gas Leak Test (with City Permit if required)
- Gas Test for Certificate of Occupancy
- Annual Gas Test for Home care facilities
- Gas Line inspection
- Natural Gas Water heater repair & replacement
- Natural Gas line repair replacement
- Trenchless gas line replacement
- Gas Log Installation
- Gas Fireplace repairs
- Gas Line Installation for cook top
- Gas Line Regulator Installation & replacement
- Code Upgrades
Contact Harvey West Plumbing today if you suspect you have a natural gas leak in your home!